Re: gksu: Couldn't set environment variable...

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

>>>Also, try to run gksu as root user.
>>>
>>>(...)
>>
>> Why? I can do that successfully even under normal, new user.
>
>Why not? We are just making tests to get more clues.

Because if a less privileged user can do it than it is OK to suppose
the root user will do the same.

[Skipped]

>>>ls -la | grep config
>>
>> Here it is:
>>
>> drwx------ 11 uname  uname   1024 Nov 25 00:33 .config
>
>Interesting...
>
>Mine is set to "drwxr-xr-r" and owner/group is my user. Check out the
>perms of this folder for the user where it works and them compare.

Sorry, same effect. And I think it is logical - for user has full
access.

Interesting another thing:

1. under another (new user) it works.

2. For the given user it works but not for these two app.s...