Re: gksu: Couldn't set environment variable...

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

>> For a new user it works too, but for the old one - all work except
>> these two. I have searched through dir.s and files that were created
>> for the new user (its home dir. was empty and did remove the
>> appropriate dir.s in the home dir. of the problematic user - did not
>> solve the problem.
>>
>> The dir.s were, IIRC:
>>
>> .dbus
>> .gconf
>> .gconfd
>>
>> Any other dir/file suggestion?
>
>You can try to reboot. Strange things can happen when gnome is updated
>and some files are still in use.

Done. Nothing changed. :(

>>>Try adding the "debug" parameter:
>>>
>>>gksu -d chromium
>>>gksu -d qbittorrent
>>
>> $ /usr/bin/gksu -d -u usrname /usr/bin/chromium
>
>May I ask why are you giving the full path to both binaries? :-?

Of course You can! :)

I do this to escape a situation when another copy of the program is run
instead of the intended one. In being hacked it may help to run not the
unwanted code.

>Also, try to run gksu as root user.
>
>(...)

Why? I can do that successfully even under normal, new user.

>> [23477:23477:49752580053:FATAL:browser_main.cc(1362)] Check failed:
>> PathService::Get(chrome::DIR_USER_DATA, &user_data_dir). Must be
>> able to get user data directory! Aborted
>
>(...)
>
>> $ /usr/bin/gksu -d -u usrname /usr/bin/qbittorrent
>(..)
>> buf: -gksu: waiting Couldn't set environment variable...
>>

>> So, both can not get  access to the required user's environment - for
>> some reason.
>
>Let's see what are the perms of the user "~/.config" directory:
>
>ls -la | grep config

Here it is:

drwx------ 11 uname  uname   1024 Nov 25 00:33 .config