Re: Subversion in sid / QA page

Jochen Spieker wrote:
> > I do some work on a few OSS projects whose site hosts have moved to 1.7.
> > All my SVN client operations stopped functioning with a message saying that
> > the working checkouts were "too old (format 10 created by Subversion 1.6)",
> > and that I needed to run 'svn upgrade' in my working copies.  Did that, went
> > back to work, didn't think much of it at the time.
>
> This is expected behaviour:
> http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.7.html

Yep, I read through those when I went hunting for an updated package.  So far
there haven't been any surprises in this experience, except for the weirdness
trying to build from deb-src.

> > I had no luck trying to get fresh checkouts using 1.6 (under the
> > theory that the server will notice and downgrade its actions, which
> > IIRC the subversion server was always good about doing),
>
> True, and it should still be possible to do a checkout from an SVN 1.7
> server using a 1.6 client.

Dunno what was up, then.  If I try it again I'll do it inside a script(1)
session and keep the errors around.

Thanks all!