Re: gksu: Couldn't set environment variable...

Thank You for Your time and answer, Bob:

>Uhm...  What?  But he did!  You must have missed that he said he
>wanted to run them from gksu.  If you are not familiar with it that is
>the entire purpose of gksu.  From the gksu man page:
>
>       gksu  is a frontend to su and gksudo is a frontend to sudo.
> Their pri- mary purpose is to run graphical commands that need  root
> without  the need to run an X terminal emulator and using su directly.
>
>Therefore, yes, he did say he wanted to run those as root.  :-) :-)

But I really do not intend nor use any root privileges to run the app.s
w/ root privileges. Opposite to this - I try to separate two users -
one for local work, another - the net one (i.e. chromium, qbittorrent,
etc).

Having said that the programs I run w/ gksu are run under the user only
- regardless what is said in its manuals. Thus, only two users involved
  - the primer user who issues gksu command and all its children being
    run w/ the privileges of the intended user only. Therefore, Bob is
    correct - I did not mention root privileges, nor gksu runs app.s w/
    it.

I think, there is at least a difference between "written" and "is".