Re: Has iceweasel (or maybe flash) gone single threaded

On 25/11/11 23:52, Bob Proulx wrote:
Alan Chandler wrote:
Over the last few weeks iceweasel has started to operate strangely.
The whole application stops whilst trying to open a web page.  you
can't switch tabs.  Sometimes it gets SO BAD that the entire desktop
locks for a while.

Am I the only person experiencing this.

I am wondering if you are running into the fsync() debacle?  Rather
than point to any particular article I will just point to the class of
them since the discussion has been endless and involved.

Might be. Because this is my desktop which powers down at night I have to use anacron to run my daily backup. This rsyncs my virtual machine images (about 70GB of them) to another machine as backup and seems to be faily heavy on disk usage for a few hours each morning. That is when I get the worst experience - reading slashdot before I start the day.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk