Re: Has iceweasel (or maybe flash) gone single threaded

Alan Chandler wrote:
> Over the last few weeks iceweasel has started to operate strangely.
> The whole application stops whilst trying to open a web page.  you
> can't switch tabs.  Sometimes it gets SO BAD that the entire desktop
> locks for a while.
>
> Am I the only person experiencing this.

I am wondering if you are running into the fsync() debacle?  Rather
than point to any particular article I will just point to the class of
them since the discussion has been endless and involved.

  http://www.google.com/search?q=firefox+fsync

Except that problem is getting to be pretty well aged now.  Nothing
changed recently.  You were probably already aware of it.  But you may
be experiencing it recently now due to changes in behavior, such as
compiling a kernel in the background while web browsing which will
trigger this problem.  Or something else.

Bob