Re: Debian: A noob query

Adobes version of Flash was (when I downloaded it a month or so ago) 32 bit which will run on a 64 bit OS BUT only with a 32 bit web browser so you need to make sure you have the 32 bit version of Firefox. I made that mistake:)

There was a time when several things (like Flash!!) would not work in 64bit. I haven't myself tried to run Adobe's version of Flash on a 64bit system, so do not know whether one now can. It is not impossible that there may be some things that don't run in 64bit Linux. I myself am running an x86 system with a 64bit processor, so cannot look and see for you. Lisi