Re: iceweasel plugin-container, flashplugin, and gnome3 issue

hi

> Remember to turn off html format :-)

sorry

> That's the usual behaviour for flash player based sites and depending on
> your computer capabilities and the site you are viewing this can indeed
> lock or slowdown firefox a lot :-(
>
> You can review the docs to try to reduce the high CPU consumption (there
> are some tricks you can test) but I've started to live with it:

well, but i haven't had this problem while testing gnome3 few month
ago with ubuntu 11.04 (or 11.10 i don't remember).on the same machine
that's why i'm asking.

btw, i'm really getting sick with gnome3 it's forcing user to change his
habits.

i really love debian since i left ubuntu seven or even eight years ago.
but now situation looks like this: my primary application is iceweasel.
debian stable offers obsolete 3.6 version. i've managed to install 7.0
but i never worked good. so i moved to testing and everything was cool
till i was forced to use gnome3 fallback mode. i'm really disappointed.

yeah i can change distro, i can go back to stable etc. but i don't
want to. i spend a lot of time to configure my system and liquorix
kernel to have proper environment for creating music. and i don't
want to use chromium because i need a goddamn search box
and not omnibar which - i'm sorry - but i'm too dumb to use the
way i need to.

i really don't know any reasonable alternative to debian which would
let me to apply so many changes in relatively easy way to fit OS
for my personal needs. that's why i fell betrayed, because gnome3
has exactly opposite philosophy.

sorry for off-topic don't mind my whining

> http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/What%20is%20plugin-container
>
> (...)
>
> Until flash player plugin completely dies no satisfying answer will
> come :-)

i can't wait for that to happen.

all the best
/t