Re: iceweasel plugin-container, flashplugin, and gnome3 issue

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:11:53 +0100, tadziu wrote:

> hi,

Hi,

Remember to turn off html format :-)

> i've just installed gnome shell on my debian testing.

Welcome to the club.

> everything seems to be ok but flashplugin-nonfree makes my machine choke
> completeley with plugin-container consuming more than 70% of CPU. i
> never had such issue before migrating to gnome3. problem occures while
> watching youtube and other online media. didn't checked chromium yet,
> but anyways i wont be using it in a long run

That's the usual behaviour for flash player based sites and depending on
your computer capabilities and the site you are viewing this can indeed
lock or slowdown firefox a lot :-(

You can review the docs to try to reduce the high CPU consumption (there
are some tricks you can test) but I've started to live with it:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/What%20is%20plugin-container

In addition to the given tips, you can also try to rename your current
Firefox profile folder to start with a new one completely from scratch to
check if the issue still continues.

> still no satisfying answer found on google, so i'm asking for help.

(...)

Until flash player plugin completely dies no satisfying answer will
come :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón