Re: NCID with no rcS.d

2011/11/24 lrhorer <lrhorer@satx.rr.com>:
> OK, so here's the deal.  I compiled and installed ncid on one of my
> Debian servers  Everything seems to be working just fine.  There's one
> small item, though.  When I took the init scripts and ran update-rc.d,
> it gave me a warning saying "stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6) do not
> match LSB Default-Stop values (S 0 1 6)".  When I looked at the scripts,
> they have the line
>
> # Default-Stop:      S 0 1 6
>
> in the LSB. Now as I understand it, by the script definition, there
> should be links in /etc/rcS.d to the scripts in /etc/init.d with names
> like K20ncidd.init, and so forth.  Per the output of update-rc.d,
> however, these links were not created, but all the others were.
>
> First of all, why did the routine put up that warning and fail to create
> the links?

As i understand, update-rc.d does not create any links - it just
manages them (disables (rename SXX to KXX), enables (rename KXX to
SXX), etc). This is insserv duty to install init script links. Try
reinstall init script with insserv: frist - remove, and then install
again.
# insserv  -r  <init_script_name>
# inssert <init_script_name>