NCID with no rcS.d

OK, so here's the deal.  I compiled and installed ncid on one of my
Debian servers  Everything seems to be working just fine.  There's one
small item, though.  When I took the init scripts and ran update-rc.d,
it gave me a warning saying "stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6) do not
match LSB Default-Stop values (S 0 1 6)".  When I looked at the scripts,
they have the line

# Default-Stop:      S 0 1 6

in the LSB. Now as I understand it, by the script definition, there
should be links in /etc/rcS.d to the scripts in /etc/init.d with names
like K20ncidd.init, and so forth.  Per the output of update-rc.d,
however, these links were not created, but all the others were.

First of all, why did the routine put up that warning and fail to create
the links?  Secondly, what is the potential operational impact, here?
It seems to me this will cause a dirty shutdown of the ncid processes,
although I'm not sure how really heinous that would be.