Re: DHCP server not starting at boot, any workarounds?

2011/11/24 Victor Nitu <victor@debian-linux.ro>:

> <..>
>
> How can I start the dhcp server *after* booting the system, to avoid
> manual interaction? Tried a (re) update-rc.d , putting it in rc.local,
> making a separate script, any more ideas?
>

> TIA,
>
> Victor

Try to create file with name 'isc-dhcp-server' in
'/etc/insserv/overrides'. Then copy LSB header from
'/etc/init.d/isc-dhcp-server' and add to 'Required-Start' field system
facility '$all'. Resulting file should look like

# cat /etc/insserv/overrides/isc-dhcp-server
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          isc-dhcp-server
# Required-Start:    $remote_fs $network $syslog $all
# Required-Stop:     $remote_fs $network $syslog
# Should-Start:      $local_fs slapd $named
# Should-Stop:       $local_fs slapd
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: DHCP server
### END INIT INFO

Then run 'insserv' and check, that dhcp server now has the last
sequence number in appropriate rcX.d directory.