Re: DHCP server not starting at boot, any workarounds?

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 01:16:01 +0200, Victor Nitu wrote:

> I wonder if anybody here has a workaround for issue #605657 [1], the
> DHCP server not starting when only alias interfaces have an address.
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=605657
>
> This issue is hanging around for a while, and maybe it's the right time
> for asking around for solutions. I googled a bit for fixes, but no luck
> yet.

Are you getting any error when starting the service? :-?

Not sure if this thread will give you any hint:

***
DHCP server (version 4) with an alias IP address
https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2010-September/012052.html
***

Greetings,

--