Re: "purge" a package without removing config or remaining files

Hello Marc!
  I believe your problem *shoud(TM)* be fixed by not purging but removing:
aptitude remove squeezeboxserver
or:
dpkg remove squeezeboxserver
Not sure if the remove option is exactly the same for dpkg, but it should be and otherwise that could be easy to find out from the manpage. - It says, that remove is exactly there, to remove a package aka it's binariesand libs, but not its config files.
  Warmly yours
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======