Re: gnome 3 refugee: xfce went sour and new kernel loses keyboard and mouse.

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:13:49 +0100, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:

> On 23/11/2011 17:05, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> Yesterday I updated my wheezy system and when I restarted my machine
>> this morning all my xfce windows had lost their frames.  There as no
>> longer a close button or a top border I could use to move the window
>> around.  The programs within the windows worked fine, though.  But it's
>> kind of limiting not being able to move windows out of the way or
>> minimize them.
>
> It happens from time to time not sure if it depends on the upgrade. Run
> the command:
>
> xfwm4
>
> And then in Settings > Session and Startup in the session tab make sure
> it reads immediately.

Starting a terminal and entering xfwm4 gave me my borders back, and it
became usable again.  Thanks.

But when following Settings > Session and Startup I picked the session
tab and found xfwm4 already listed as "immediately".

We'll see what happens when I restart everything.

-- hendrik