Re: Need help with Latex error; Sorry LONG

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 00:21 +0100, deloptes wrote:
> John W. Foster wrote:
>
> > /usr/share/perl5/LaTeXML/texmf
>
> you need to setup the environment correctly, so that texmf finds the package
>
> i.e. using the variable TEXINPUTS or so
>
> regards

Yep, I figured that out from reading on the web & am working on it.
Oddly the author of latexml.sty has a note embedded in the code that
plainly says he is not sure where to place it & I find that extremely
weird. I suspect it varies with each distro & how it relates to other
dependencies. If you know where that is in Debian please advise. At this
point I consider it a bug due to the fact that it's inconsistent within
the 'stable' parameters of my install of a complex set of software that
is all from Debian's 'stable' distro. I tried using texmaker & straight
command line latex to use the system and the results are exactly the
same. Always errors out with a log message involving latexml.sty. I have
found no instruction from anyone involved in packaging the various bits
of software latex/texlive, or perl.
Thanks for the tip!!
frosty