Re: A method of searching recovered files from dying hard drive?

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Cybe R. Wizard
<cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Is there a way for me to locate the .jpg files in these directories
> without hand-searching? I've already updatedb and run locate with no
> joy.

You should be able to locate them with a command like this:

$ find /path/to/mount/point -type f -name \*.jpg -print | less

This says, "find, under the /path/to/mount/point directory, files that
are plain files (type f - file), named anything ending in .jpg
(*.jpg), print what you find where I can see it, and give it to me in
a pager (less)."

--
Chris