Re: Need help with Latex error; Sorry LONG

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 09:42 -0600, John W. Foster wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 00:21 +0100, deloptes wrote:
> > John W. Foster wrote:
> >
> > > /usr/share/perl5/LaTeXML/texmf
> >
> > you need to setup the environment correctly, so that texmf finds the package
> >
> > i.e. using the variable TEXINPUTS or so
second page:

I have found this in system wide .bashrc:

> # Enable sage in Texinputs systems wide.
> export TEXINPUTS="/home/MyName/sage/local/share/texmf//:"

These instructions from the web are for fixing the issue;

> TEXINPUTS Variable and BSTINPUTS
> The environmental variable TEXINPUTS controls where LATEX searches for input les, the de-
> fault is:
> 1. First your current directory.
> 2. Second the local ifp styles held in /ifp/latex/ and its subdirectories.
> 3. Third the standard system LATEX directories, where are held in /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/
> and its subdirectories.
> which is what most people want.
> The common change people want to make is to add their own local style directory. If this is in
> an directory mystyles in you home directory then in your .bashrc le put.
> export TEXINPUT=.:/Home/loginname/mystyles/:$TEXINPUTS
> Note is must have an initial `.' or it will fail to read input from your current directory. Also do
> not forget to append the default TEXINPUTS or nothing will work!
> The BSTINPUT variable determines where LATEX looks for BiBTeX styles les. By default it is
> set the the same at TEXINPUTS; this is to allow revtex4 to work correctly. It has exactly the
> same syntax as TEXINPUTS and can be changed in exactly the same way

Question is how to incorporate them both. This sage installation is a
big part of what I trying to accomplish. I need the incorporated export
to be system wide & cover all the changes to TEXINPUTS. BTW where are
the portions for $TEXINPUTS; seems they should be here too.
Still accepting ANY ideas...
Thanks!
frosty