Re: How to fix the ELF class issue

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:48:16 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The pdfedit has below problem when I tried to remove some page: ! In
>>> script '/usr/share/pdfedit/page.qs', line 118: ! Error. Exception in
>>> Pdf.removePage : Document is read-only which is for any PDF file.
>>
>> Maybe you need first to go "Tools -> DeLinearize".
>
> I tried the delinearize, which failed. showed something as below:
>
> PDFedit 0.4.5-20101102183200
>> delinearize_gui()
> You must pick a different file than
> '/home/lina/Documents/supportingMaterials-pdfjam.pdf'
> Delinearization failed!

Let's see what PDFedit help says for this function:

***
Delinearize

This tool converts linearized pdf files to normal pdf files. When
executed, a file open dialog is displayed. Linearized pdf file should be
selected. After open file is selected save dialog is opened for output
(delinearized) file. After both files are selected, delinearization
process starts. This may fail if input file is not linearized or it is
not valid pdf document. In this case an error dialog is displayed.
***

So I guess you basically have to run "DeLinearize" with no PDF document
opened within the application, then go to "Tools -> DeLinearize" and
provide the PDF file you want to apply this option and finally give the
filename for the resulting PDF.

Did you do this way?

If yes and still fails then maybe is that the PDF file has a format that
is not suitable for that function or you are hitting some sort of bug in
PDFedit :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón