Re: Safety while network install.

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:13:41AM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good time of the day.
>

> I'm concerned on safety of install over network (the netinst) - what
> techniques are used to protect the installed system during the very
> process of installation?

instalation data is transmitted via http.  But its data integrity is
checked by GPG key and hush values.

> Or it includes some risk for the install and therefore media (kind of
> disk) is a preferred installation method?

Oh, practically the same.

> Thanks for Your time.

The only extra risk you expose your system via your network installation
is possibility of attack via network to the system.  If you download a
CD image, you are exposing a PC which downloads image but not the PC
installing Debian.

But seriously, Debian is configured as a quite secure system at any time
unless you make stupid configuration yourself.  So it is quite safe.

Osamu