Re: How to fix the ELF class issue

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:25:37 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 10:44 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I guess this happens when you run acrobat reader from command line,
>> right?
>
> Yes. when I tried to print certain page into a new .ps file. (my pdfedit
> also not work)

(...)

- It happens with any PDF file you open or just with certain files?

- It happens when opening a PDF file or just when you want to run a
specific funtion (such printing)?

- Does okular or another pdf viewer work?

>> The program is looking for a 32-bits library and found none. Maybe you
>> need the compat lib32- package... but first, where did you get the
>
> compat? you mean compatible? sorry, I checked on debian package, so many
> with the compat keyword.

Yes, I meant "ia32-libs" but this package is only required for installing/
running 32-bits compiled applications inside a 64-bits system and given
your comments below I'm not sure this is your case.

>> acrobat package, what version did you install (32/64-bits) and what's
> $ dpkg -s acroread
(...)
> Architecture: amd64
                ^^^^^
(...)

If it's a "pure" 64 bits package then I'm lost. Why would it require 32-
bits libraries? A bug... somewhere? :-?

>> your system running (32/64-bits flavour)?
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux debian 3.0.0-mbp82-lina #1 SMP Tue Jul 26 21:52:57 SGT 2011 x86_64
> GNU/Linux

So what we have here is a 64-bits package and 64-bits system. It should
be called the proper library with no complains at all so I'm not sure
who's the culprit. We can blame:

1/ Acrobat for requesting the wrong libraries (32-bits?)
2/ The system package in charge of loading the proper libraries

:-)

I'm not sure what path to follow from here, how about asking at D-M
mailing list to get further feedback?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón