Re: Disabling NFSv4 on Debian Squeeze

Israel Bravo (bravobih@gmail.com on 2011-11-20 15:42 +0200):
> How can I disable the NFSv4 on Debian Squeeze (without recompiling the
> kernel)?

man 5 nfs will tell you that you can force a specific nfs version by
adding -o nfsvers=X on the mount command line (or in /etc/fstab).

> Or - another possibility - to disable mapping UID and GID to
> nobody/nogroup ?

Have you checked the server is not configured with all_squash?

The mapping is done by the nfs id mapper (man 8 rpc.idmapd). I've found
the documentation to be severely lacking, but maybe
http://linux.die.net/man/5/idmapd.conf will help.

Regards,
Arno