Re: disable Gnome 3 screen lockout

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 16:24:05 -0200, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> On 11/20/2011 01:00 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>>> Just use the builtin search.
>>>
>>> Start gnome-control-center, type "lock", hit enter, et voila.
>> That won't work in a localized GNOME ;-)
>>
>> In Spanish the term is "bloquear" so searching for "lock" returns no
>> results.
>
> I suppose in a localized GNOME "System configuration → Personal
> sub-section → Screen" wouldn't be correct either, because these terms
> would be translated.

Sure, but a GNOME user knows how to reach the place (which in GNOME3 is
now centralized under System Settings), I only wanted to note that is
less prone to errors than a string search (you know, translations are not
always up to date in testing nor even in stable releases...). Indeed, I
also expected the English term was also working for a non-English
environment but it seems this was not the case.

What I can't guess is why all this noise, some people here think I'm
always competing for... what, exactly? I really don't know :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón