Re: Safety while network install.

2011/11/20 Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com>:
> Good time of the day.
>

> I'm concerned on safety of install over network (the netinst) - what
> techniques are used to protect the installed system during the very
> process of installation?
>
> Or it includes some risk for the install and therefore media (kind of
> disk) is a preferred installation method?
>

> Thanks for Your time.

Theoretically there *is* a security risk during a network
installation, as stated in Securing Debian Manual [1]. However, if I
were you, I wouldn't mind too much, since IMHO the risk is really low.
If you are really concerned over the problem (or you are paranoid :P),
you can set up a firewall [2]. If you are particularly demanding over
security, one of the best reference for Debian is Securing Debian.

Cheers,

Lorenzo

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ch3.en.html#s3.3
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ap-fw-security-update.en.html
--
Nothing is interesting if you're not interested.