Re: Xfce: 2 + 1 questions

Hi,

On 18/11/11 11:56, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Hi :)

now I prefer Xfce to GNOME 2 and GNOME 3. Excepted of some thingies I'm
missing for Xfce, it's easier and better to configure. 'Better' since it
has advantages for my workflow.

GNOME expat here as well...  :)

The cpufreq information plugin for the Xfce4 panel,
xfce4-cpufreq-plugin, doesn't enable to switch from ondemand to
performance.
How can I get this feature working?

As far as I've read so far the only way would be to use the gnome plugin... or you can of course go terminal e.g. with the cpufrequtils

2.

For a panel and for 'Applications>  Office>  Evolution' it's launched by
evolution --force-online. The Xfce applications menu additionally
includes a launcher on top of the menu. Unfortunately this launcher will
start Evolution without --force-online, so there'll be no connection to
the network. This is caused by the upgrade from GNOME 2 to GNOME 3.
Where can I edit those additional entries?

Have a look at the Menu customising page on the XFCE wiki [1]

3.

This issue isn't Xfce related, it's also an issue for GNOME 2 and GNOME
3.
I'm using en for my system only, not my native language de, but I'm
using a de keyboard and I prefer local settings, such as C°, km, m.

For Debian and Ubuntu the "," at the Num keyboard is a "," but it should
be "translated" to ".", for Suse this does work by default.
When using gcalctool it's needed that the "," for the Num keyboard only
is converted to a ".", for the Qwert... part of the keyboard the ","
should be a "," and the "." should be a ".".

Where can I edit this setting?

Not sure.. Maybe xmodmap and similar?

Lorenzo

--
** NOTE **: This gmail address is my new email.
I will still be reading my libero.it email, but please use this new one for any further email.