Re: Xfce: 2 + 1 questions

Thank you Lorenzo :)

> As far as I've read so far the only way would be to use the gnome
> plugin... or you can of course go terminal e.g. with the cpufrequtils

The current Xfce plugin for using GNOME panel plugins doesn't work for
the current Xfce panel.

> > 2.
> >
> > For a panel and for 'Applications>  Office>  Evolution' it's launched by
> > evolution --force-online. The Xfce applications menu additionally
> > includes a launcher on top of the menu. Unfortunately this launcher will
> > start Evolution without --force-online, so there'll be no connection to
> > the network. This is caused by the upgrade from GNOME 2 to GNOME 3.
> > Where can I edit those additional entries?
>
> Have a look at the Menu customising page on the XFCE wiki [1]

I already read it, but it seems to be that I need to edit some exo-open
thingy.

$ grep Exec /usr/share/applications/exo-mail-reader.desktop
Exec=exo-open --launch MailReader %u

Perhaps I should test if editing it to
Exec=exo-open --launch evolution --force-online
will do the job?!

> > 3.
> >
> > This issue isn't Xfce related, it's also an issue for GNOME 2 and GNOME
> > 3.
> > I'm using en for my system only, not my native language de, but I'm
> > using a de keyboard and I prefer local settings, such as C°, km, m.
> >
> > For Debian and Ubuntu the "," at the Num keyboard is a "," but it should
> > be "translated" to ".", for Suse this does work by default.
> > When using gcalctool it's needed that the "," for the Num keyboard only
> > is converted to a ".", for the Qwert... part of the keyboard the ","
> > should be a "," and the "." should be a ".".
> >
> > Where can I edit this setting?
>
> Not sure.. Maybe xmodmap and similar?

I'll reset dpkg-reconfigure locales to en only, restore ~/.profil and
test http://www.jwz.org/xkeycaps/ instead.

Regards,

Ralf