Re: GNOME3 Ugh! What specifically didn't work.

* On 2011 14 Nov 10:00 -0600, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Well, I've usually found Debian testing to be a winning team.  I have
> changed players -- I've moved to XFCE.  Icewm didn't seem to have any way
> to suspend or hibernate.

Is IceWM even under active development any more?  It had a reasonable
following before KDE and GNOME became the primary desktops, especially
with slower hardware ten years ago.  As I recall, one simply used the
keys on the laptop designated for suspend and hibernate.  I suspect that
some modern hardware expect the OS to provide those controls.  IceWM
would not prevent adding a menu entry to run a script to suspend or
hibernate, in fact, I may have done just that in years gone by.

- Nate >>