Re: GNOME3 Ugh! Reverted to XFCE4

I updated my Wheezy box this morning and it updated to GNOME Shell.
After using it for an hour or so, it isn't so bad as to be unusable.
Despite my comments about it a week or so ago, I think I'll give it a go
for a while and see how it improves when 3.2.x finally migrates in.  I
did like that it picked up my GNOME 2 panel session and reopened my apps
although all on the same workspace.  But it was no problem to move them
down.

As I had spent the past week working with Ubuntu 11.10 and Unity on the
same laptop, the new GNOME shell seemed not all that different.  Each
has a few bumps and rough spots and it will be interesting to watch both
of them develop over the next year or so.  I think that each will push
the other much faster than if either were in development alone.

- Nate >>