Re: gdm3

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:15:56 +0530, Sridhar M.A. wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 03:35:59PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>    > > Frustrated, installed lightdm. It also has the same problem.
>    > > Every time I login, I have to select the de/wm. Any pointers for
>    > > getting over this problem?
>    >
>    > It works fine here. After I select a session type (gnome/fallback
>    > mode/ whatever) it is remembembered for the next login.
>    >
> It does not for me and hence the mail :-) Checked the above directory
> and my session is correctly reflected there, but I still get logged in
> to gnome.

What's the content of your "/var/lib/AccountsService/users/your_username"
file? And what's the output of "ls -la /usr/share/xsessions"?

And what's the problem now, a) that you cannot select the session from
the dropdown menu because is not visible, b) that while you select your
session type you are logged into GNOME or c) that the last selected
session is not kept for the next login? :-)

Also, try to create a fresh new user and check if it works from there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón