Re: /etc/network/interfaces whacked

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Mike Castle <dalgoda+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> In addition to the Gnome 3 stuff, I just experienced another issue
> with upgrading my laptop on the testing track.
>
> Something whacked my /etc/network/interfaces.
>

> Fortunately I happen to have a backup of the / partition, so I'll be
> able to walk through multiple installs to try to identify the culprit
> (though slow going as takes a while to rewrite the partition).
>

> The first time through /etc/network/interfaces was simply no where to
> be seen.  The second time, it was present, but missing things like my
> wpa2 key.
>

> Fortunately one of my desktops that I've updated has not been bitten
> by this (or I didn't have any local customizations that were
> affected).

Just to follow up on my own post, seems like 3rd times a charm.

This time I updated package by package (took output of apt-get upgrade
-s and looped over the packages in the same order using apt-get
install).

I did run apt-get update in there, so maybe my first couple of
attempts hit a bad package that was quickly fixed.

mrc