Re: GNOME3 Ugh! What specifically didn't work.

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 17:46:34 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 14:39 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> > I'm using fallback mode and I'm still able to restore GNOME 2 ;).
>>
>> You've been warned: this will dissapear sooner or later so you can
>> start looking for a replecement...
>
> We'll see ;).

That's the expected... I recommend reading this recent article, and most
specifically the "Killing The GNOME3 Fall-Back?" section:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTAxMjI

>> > The most serious issue is, that some professional FLOSS apps were
>> > written for GNOME 2, with GNOME 3 we fall back to an amateur OS
>> > regarding to some apps.
>>
>> I still see many applications that are not integrated well with the new
>> environment but I also think is a matter of time they start functioning
>> again.
>
> It's wasting manpower to rewrite apps ;).

Such is life: evolute + adapt or die + extinguish.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón