Re: Is GNOME 2 panel still in unstable?

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 17:44:05 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 15:29 +0100, Erwan David wrote:

(...)

>> But I understand that fallback mode will disapear, sooner or later.
>>

> Really?

Really.

> How many people like GNOME 3

I like GNOME3. And I hope gnome-shell fits my needs, at least for now I'm
okay with it.

> and how many people are whining because GNOME 2 is gone?

We all miss the good job that GNOME2 did. IMO, there is nothing wrong
about users whining or complaining because of the change, that's a normal
reaction that express the love we had for GNOME2 and loving GNOME2 is
nothing bad.

> If they'll drop fallback mode without giving options to configure GNOME
> 3 similar to GNOME 2, nearly nobody won't use GNOME 3 anymore.

Speak for yourself, sir.

Gnome-shell is here to stay so start to get used and embrace it or jump
to another DE/WM ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón