Re: Is GNOME 2 panel still in unstable?

Camaleón (noelamac@gmail.com on 2011-11-13 17:59 +0000):

> > and how many people are whining because GNOME 2 is gone?
>
> We all miss the good job that GNOME2 did. IMO, there is nothing wrong
> about users whining or complaining because of the change, that's a
> normal reaction that express the love we had for GNOME2 and loving
> GNOME2 is nothing bad.

Now that's a spin that I like :)

However, you can argue whether effectively discontinuing the most-used
DE on Linux is a wise move. I can understand some of the reasoning
behind it, but in my mind, abandoning your old product in favor of some
fad of the day feels like a forced upgrade. And most users use Linux
because they got fed up with the forced upgrade treadmill of certain
proprietary software manufacturers...

Regards,
Arno