Re: [OT] can't see own post to the list

On 13/11/11 21:08, J. Bakshi wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:11:38 +1100
> Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>>> GMail deliberately removes your own list messages so
>>> you can't see them and know that you actually were successful in
>>> posting.

This is the official response:-
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6588

<snipped>

> I have searched at the setting section of my gmail account
> but not found such option. Exactly where should I look for it ?

Three ways to deal with the "problem" (I use none of them, but they've
all worked in the past.)

1. Look in All Mail (online) find one of your posts and use it to create
a filter sending those emails to Receipts. Select it - then from the
More drop-down list chose Filter.

2. Add yourself to the recipient list of posts to lists.

3. Create a second account - make it the return address for mail you
send to lists. Set up the second account to forward mail from lists to
the first account.

This might be the basis of a fourth way:-
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=22370

You always (should) have a local copy of Sent mail in Claws anyway.
Any time you're unsuccessful at sending an email, you get an email to
that effect. All decent email services, free or paid, do that.
Which is why I stopped wanting a duplicate of what I'd sent.

The only complaint I have is that sometimes (rarely) a post from the
list *is* marked as spam by gmail. The only remedy for that is to check
the spam folder regularly - a small price to pay for the huge amount of
spam that is correctly identified as "not ham".

Cheers