Re: Yikes, 140 held packages

Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

> I would suggest you run 'aptitude safe-upgrade' first and then try
> 'aptitude full-upgrade'. Don't worry, aptitude will present all changes
> to you before applying. If you don't like or understand what you see
> just copy-paste it here and we'll have a look.

It happens that I had already run `aptitude full-upgrade' before seeing
your post... It removed a fairly extensive list of pkgs.  But still I
see 135 on hold.  I forgot how to list only installed with aptitude
but running `aptitude search . |grep ^ih' shows 135

I received a notice earlier today that there were pkgs to upgrade so
running aptitude full-upgrade again now:

It lists 8 pkgs ready for upgrade and when its done I still see 135 on
hold.