Re: Removing evolution but leave gnome intact?

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 19:24:16 -0800
keitho@strucktower.com wrote:

> I realize it is not necessary, but if possible I'd like to remove
> evolution.

Excellent move!
Then install kdepim.
Much better than evolution in my book,
but, to the problem:
I'm horrendously lazy like this.
I'd simply remove evolution and then let a handy little app like
deborphan take care of the rest over the next couple of update/upgrades.

All necessary dependencies are kept, nothing disrupted and you don't
need to think, which is the best part.
Gnome is much better than it was.
I can remember all sorts of apps that I would never need getting pulled
in on a Gnome install. Now, not quite so much, but still a cludge as
previously mentioned.
Try that anyhow.
Regards,

Weaver
--
"In a world without walls and fences,
what need have we for Windows or Gates?"