Re: Gnome workspace manager has disappeared -- Help!

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 20:17:09 -0600, Dennis Wicks wrote:

> Somehow the workspace manager and the index which appeared at the lower
> right of the screen have disappeared.

Have you tried to add them again?

Besides, sometimes the applet is there but constrained because of the
lack of space, check if you have locked any elements that prevent the
applets to be visible.

> If I right-click on a window tab in the task bar I can move the window
> to another workspace, and the window selector will show that the windows
> are in the workspace where they were moved to, but there is still no
> index and all of the window tabs are in the task bar.
>
> How do I get my window manager and the index back? I can't find any
> program or package that is called window manager.

You can also:

1/ Restart your panel ("killall gnome-panel")
2/ Add a new panel and start adding applets from scratch. When you're
done, remove the old and incomplete panel and save your session, just in
case.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón