Re: Recommendation for National Public Radio player

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 04:47:33PM -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
> I wanted to make sure any suggestions where software that can actually
> be made to connect to NPR.
>
> I don't necessarily mean something in debian repos.  Just what ever
> your own experience can vouch for as a player capable of gettting
> internet NPR.

try squeezebox server. It is a music library manager that streaming
audio over LAN. It also have several APPs that connect to many internet
radio stations. A 3rd party NPR plugin enable it get program titles and
wma stream from NPR.

There are several music players sold by Logitech work with squeezebox
server. I heard their audio quality are very good, but don't have the
chance to actually see or listen to one because they are not available
in my country. A software player called squeezeplay is a good
alternative.

--
Chen Wei