Re: Recommendation for National Public Radio player

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 04:47:33PM -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
> I wanted to make sure any suggestions where software that can actually
> be made to connect to NPR.
> I don't necessarily mean something in debian repos.  Just what ever
> your own experience can vouch for as a player capable of gettting
> internet NPR.
try squeezebox server. It is a music library manager that streaming
audio over LAN. It also have several APPs that connect to many internet
radio stations. A 3rd party NPR plugin enable it get program titles and
wma stream from NPR.

I am using a software player called squeezeplay. There are several
music players sold by Logitech work with squeezebox server. I heard
their audio quality are very good, but don't have the chance to actually
see or listen to one because they are not available in my country.

Chen Wei