Re: creaing new 3.0.4 kernel in squeeze --kernel panic

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 21:02:56 -0400 (EDT), Sian Mountbatten wrote:

> Thank you all for your helpful advice and info.
>
> I am giving up on squeeze because I get so many problems with building
> a series 3 kernel. I tried to download a kernel image from wheezy, but
> got problems when I tried to install the Debian package. I tried
> downloading and installing the dependencies, but putting a wheezy
> kernel onto a squeeze system did not work. So I have now downloaded
> the first DVD iso for wheeze and I shall try to install a series
> 3 kernel for that release.
>
> Again, thank you all for your help.

I hope you have better luck with Wheezy.  I am running a custom-built
3.0.0 kernel on Wheezy right now, and I am not having any problems.
There are often dependencies between the kernel releases and some
other packages closely related to the kernel, such as initramfs-tools,
libc*, udev, etc.  I suspect you will do better with Wheezy.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :