Problem installing an init script with "insserv"
- To: debian-user <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Problem installing an init script with "insserv"
- From: Robert Latest <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 18:49:48 +0100
- Message-id: <CAMXbmUSM=ijkUnbegk0XVLoO-oscbga5UnNdqdie-UYSkWOiPg@mail.gmail.com>
I'm trying to have the script (below) run automatically at each system
shutdown. But it is never called, neither on startup nor on shutdown.
I ran insserv on it and it worked without errors. It also seems to
have the correct links installed:
dh@dotcom:/etc$ find . -name '*dupba*' -printf '%p %l\n'
So why doesn't this work? It used to work before I upgraded from
stable to testing. I've also played with the Default-Start and -Stop
levels, no change. Permissions are 755 as for all other init.d script.
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: dupbackup
# Required-Stop: $local_fs $syslog
# Default-Start: 2
# Default-Stop: 5
# Description: Custom crypto backup system
### END INIT INFO
logger -s "Called as $0 $1"
sleep 10 # this should make the script very noticeable
case "$1" in
echo "No backup on start-up"