Re: ethernet bonding with severak machines

Sorry, maybe trhe description it is too vague...my problem it is that I have my servers virtualized, and I want to create and environment of high availability. For example in http traffic, the problem is I can create a load balancer that balance the traffic to the servers...but this  load balancer server hasta bandwidth limit, and I want to expand this limit..

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
On 10/31/2011 6:00 PM, Jesus arteche wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Do you know if it is possible to make Ethernet bonding between several
> machines?

If I correctly understand what you're asking, no, it is not possible.

> are there some way the create a high availability load balancer with
> several machines whit a bandwidth equal the sum of all the bandwidths ??

It would be best at this point if you described what you're trying to
accomplish and allow us to give recommendations.  There are many types
of load balancing, from layer 2 through 7.  To properly answer your
question we need to know exactly what you are trying to load balance,
and to what end.

For example, the most common types of load balancing are for SMTP, HTTP,
POP, and IMAP.  Load balancing SMTP simply requires multiple equal
priority MX records.  Load balancing HTTP and POP usually only requires
round robin DNS.  Load balancing IMAP may require a specialized director
server or proxy, especially in the case where the IMAP clients are
webmail servers.

--
Stan