Re: Network Manager in Debian and modem with non-standard init strings

On 27/10/11 08:45, wzabolot@elektron.elka.pw.edu.pl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using a modem, which after the connection is broken requires
> non-standard initialization.
> E.g. I should force deregistration and reregistration by sending
> AT+COPS=2 and AT+COPS=1
> or if it doesn't help I have to reset it completely by sending:
> AT+FUNC=4 and AT+FUNC=1,1
>
> The above works with standard pon/poff tools (with chatscripts)
> or with wvdial.
>
> However I'd like to integrate this modem with Network Manager
> environment. Unfortunately I can't find any config files in which I
> could define such init strings...

Configuration varies according to your version of Network manager -
mostly those settings are in udev or hal

More information please?
Type of modem? Model?
Debian branch?
DE?

> Is it possible to customize NM to work with such a modem?

Yes - probably.... I don't know what I don't know - provide more
information and I can give a more informed answer.

Cheers

Useful references:-
man NetworkManager
man NetworkManager.conf