Network Manager in Debian and modem with non-standard init strings

Hi,

I'm using a modem, which after the connection is broken requires
non-standard initialization.
E.g. I should force deregistration and reregistration by sending
AT+COPS=2 and AT+COPS=1
or if it doesn't help I have to reset it completely by sending:
AT+FUNC=4 and AT+FUNC=1,1

The above works with standard pon/poff tools (with chatscripts)
or with wvdial.

However I'd like to integrate this modem with Network Manager
environment. Unfortunately I can't find any config files in which I
could define such init strings...

Is it possible to customize NM to work with such a modem?
--
TIA & Regards,
Wojtek