Re: problem mounting usb thumb drive

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:31:50 +0100
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed 26 Oct 2011 at 18:50:36 -0400, John S. wrote:
>
> > My problem:  	usb thumb drive does not mount automatically.
>
> Searching the October postings for this list with 'xfce' gets you a
> solution.

Thanks for the info. But Having done all that, ie.

1. inserted (as suggested) the line: session optional pam_loginuid.co
   in /etc/pam.d/common-session just before session optional
   pam_ck_connector.so nox11

2. Two new files in /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d
   ie. consolekit.pkla with contents:

	[restart]
Identity=unix-user:*
Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart
ResultAny=yes

[stop]
Identity=unix-user:john
Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop
ResultAny=yes

   and udisks.pkla containing:

[udisks]
Identity=unix-user:*
Action=org.freedesktop.udisks*
ResultAny=yes

Still no change. Any further help would be appreciated.

John