Re: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 61s

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:41:47 -0700, ML mail wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. Reading the link you provided it looks like that
> adding "acpi=ht noapic" as boot options to the kernel via grub solves
> this problem or at least for one person. I would like to give it at try
> but was now wondering where would be the best place to add these two
> options?
>
> Can I add them in /etc/grub/defaults like that:
> GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN="dom0_mem=1024M noreboot acpi=ht noapic"
>

> run grub-update and reboot ?

Mmm... maybe better than that, if you want first to give it a try, when
you are at GRUB's boot menu, type "e" to enter into edit mode and append
"acpi=ht noapic" to the kernel line. This will be a "one-time setting"
that will be removed for the next boot.

If it works fine, then you can consider adding it permantely to the GRUB
menu (as you have suggested) and if something goes wrong you will have to
do nothing.

*Be careful* when tweaking acpi/apic kernel values, because they can
solve some problems but break another things... I mean, carefully watch
your box when these options are enabled.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón