Re: icedove filiter folder

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:42:17 +0800, lina wrote:

> The problem is that:
>
> 1] The folder in server failed to synchronize to the icedove local one.
>
> So there are only Inbox, Drafts and Trash in icedove.
>
> On the server (namely through webpage), I once created such as debian
> folder to filter those emails from debian-list. Linux-kernel folder to
> filter emails from Linux-kernel.

Maybe is that the rest of the folders are hidden... Did you "subscribe"
to them?

> 2] I attempt to create new folder and re-build the filter on icedove. so
> when I click the right button and choose "New Folder"
>
> If the new folder name is the same as the one in server, it showed me:
> The current operation on "debian" did not succeed. The server for the
> account lina@myemailaddress respond: Target folder already exist.
>
> I had no problem created a folder such as TEST (so long as the name is
> not the same as the one on the server), but during rename, it would me
> respond: Target folder already exist.

Well, this looks quite normal because you cannot have two folders with
the same name on an IMAP account (they collide), so nothing wrong here :-)

> 3] The folder in server which contains other emails failed to show in
> the icedove. (some emails last 2 years).
>
> 4] I don't know what to do, even I tried to remove the account and
> re-add the account again.

I think you have to read about the basics on how to configure Gmail IMAP
accounts in Thunderbird:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_Gmail_with_Thunderbird_and_Mozilla_Suite

There are some things you have to tweak to get them play nicely with each
other.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón