Re: gnome3 startup segfault

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:44:38 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> I would give it some time... gnome-shell just has landed in Sid a
>> couple of days ago. Anyway, I'd say is too early to get Compiz playing
>> fine within gnome-shell:
>>
>> https://live.gnome.org/GNOME3Myths#I_can.27t_use_Compiz_with_GNOME_Shell.21

> I got the oops screen with user1 but not with user2, so it depends on
> your user settings, apparently...

Using a clean profile to debug gnome-shell is a good start.

The jump between gnome-shell and the usual gnome-panel is high and just
started a few weeks ago, so I think this kind of errors that are produced by
a mix of the old profile settings and the new ones form gnome-shell are also
expected.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón