Re: trying to get the compiz cube

Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 08:53:19 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Camaleón wrote:

(...)

So, what's left? :-? Let's go to CCSM, the Compiz control center.

Can you see there under "Desktop" section the cube plugins (rotate,
desktop...) as checked?
Yes, checked.

If yes, recheck (under CCSM Effects section) that windows borders,
resizing and moving windows are all enabled.
All enabled.

This is getting really weird :-)
I am under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that I am supposed to see a
cube on the desktop, which I don't. I see the effects to the windows,
but no cube.

Well, you should see the cube if:

- Compiz is installed, running and set as default window manager (done)
- Cube effects are present and enabled (done)
- You change your workspace by using the mentioned keybinding (Ctrl + Alt + Left/Right Arrow) to see the cube rotating (done, I suppose...)

Ha! I didn't recently try those keystrokes and I see the cube rotating. How do you zoom out the cube? I just did it: ctrl+alt+down arrow zooms out but shows the screens in a row.

Are you getting other effects that involve moving the window (e.g., zoom in/out, slow motion...)?

Zoom in, what's the superkey? And slow motion shift-F10 just pops up a menu.

Hugo