Re: trying to get the compiz cube

Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 11:56:39 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 09:38:17 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:31:38 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

I installed compiz and am trying to see the famed cube: it's
nowhere. So I googled and found:
http://www.ghacks.net/2009/05/25/enabling-the-cube-in-compiz/ which
says:
(...)

There is a good article on Compiz in Debian's wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/Compiz

I would try to follow those steps :-)

I did. Result: no cube.
Also the "Troubleshooting" section?

I take your word then.

Let's go scuba diving:

dpkg -l | grep -i compiz
hugo@HDBB:~$ dpkg -l |grep -i compiz

(...)

If we attend to the information of the wiki page, there is only one package that is missing ("compiz-fusion-plugins-main"), while you have "compiz-plugins". The rest are all installed.

Xorg log looks right (the most important part here is ensuring aiglx extension is enabled which it is).

So, what's left? :-? Let's go to CCSM, the Compiz control center.

Can you see there under "Desktop" section the cube plugins (rotate, desktop...) as checked?

Yes, checked.

If yes, recheck (under CCSM Effects section) that windows borders, resizing and moving windows are all enabled.

All enabled.

I am under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that I am supposed to see a cube on the desktop, which I don't. I see the effects to the windows, but no cube.

Hugo